Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

New Portraits, Plein Air Painting, & New Summer Open Studio


When I am not blogging I am busy with creating art. I am posting three recently finished portraits.

The first, "Sweet Dreams Billy", is the finished work of the previously posted wip of my son when he was but a wee lad.




The second portrait is of my brother "A Study of Pete in Blue".

























The third is "Self Portrait of the Artist" my first self portrait.





I am a member of PAPCO, Plein Air Painters of Central Oklahoma, and we went to Red Rock Canyon at Hinton, Ok. last Saturday April 22nd. It was windy and warm, but very productive for everyone. I think I will even have a finished painting from this trip.
I am hooked, now probably for life. There is nothing like it and it is impossible to describe. It is something that has to be experienced to be understood.
There are some good trips planned for this year. We are a loosely organized group and anyone can join us. We meet the second Tuesday and fourth Saturday of each month during the spring, until it gets too hot ,then again in the fall, until it gets too cold.
This next picture is what caught my eye for my first plein air painting. I took many photos for referrences to finish my painting.


I am looking forward to our next plein air trip to Hafer Park in Edmond, Okla. It will be May 9th at 9:30am. if anyone is interested in joining us bring your sack lunch, camera and don't forget your sunscreen/block.
Something new for this summer is an open studio at the Midwest City Library's lobby on Wednesdays and Fridays from 2:00- 4:00pm. (Reservations are not needed) This is open to any artist working in any medium. The only restriction will be that the subject matter of the art contain no nudity. This will start May 10th and May12th.
Well, it looks like I have made up for lost time, so to speak. It has been awhile since I have posted anything. Now that I am taking more pictures maybe I'll be tempted to share them here with the cyber world. My family has been asleep for a couple of hours now, maybe I should call it a night too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!