Pages

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Pages From My Sketch Journal

I thought I would share some pages of my sketch journal and some other explorations.I do hope I inspire someone to try a sketch journal. I decorated my journal pages with pen and ink sketches and watercolor washes, gluing petals and leaves of plants and bark of trees. I often found that just writing in a journal became boring and I would eventually stop writing altogether. Being a visual artist I need more stimuli to keep me interested in journaling.When a friend showed me a book on decorated journals and papers I was hooked. I combined the decorating and sketching with my journal writing.Most of the following pages are from my vacation to Arizona. Other pages were ideas I wished to
develope or events in my life.

I hope you enjoy the pages.

This was the first day of our vacation and I got the date wrong. Story of my life.











This page is of the Nativo Hotel where we stayed in Albuquerque, New Mexico.




These two pages are my way of recording the night my Mother in-law, my son, and I played the computer games Zuma and Bejeweled. It's your fault Mom. I'm hooked now.
I will share three more pages in my next post.
I also learned how to make a book, so now I can make my own journals. I will have a picture of it in my next post as well.
My artist salon will be starting next month with five artists. We hope to learn how better to promote ourselves as artists. Alyson Stanfield provides all of the tools for the salon free of charge. Check out her website http://www.artbizcoach.com . I will record some of the things I learn, through this process, here in my blog.

Good night cyber space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!